Hey family! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather! This is a quick post about a show I am very excited about! – THE WITJ NATURAL HAIR EXPO! – UK’s largest natural hair expo is back and it’s bigger and better than ever!
Dates and Locations:
- Saturday 6th June- Holiday Inn, Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham
- Saturday 13th June- Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London
This year’s show features both international guests e.g. Destiny Godley, Mo Knows Hair and Ms Vaughn TV and UK guests such as the woman herself – Wunmi Akinlgaun (founder) and many more on the day!
WITJ aims to EDUCATE, INSPIRE AND CELEBRATE women of colour through interactive workshops, live demos and by offering versatility in products and services! Everything a woman of colour needs in her hair journey! What more is that the show is created by WOMEN OF COLOUR so you can expect a highly personalised event and carefully selected products brought to you by some of the top companies e.g. You Be-Natural, Cantu, Design Essentials Natural, Fashion Fair and many more.
Guests will have their pick of many workshops on the day including:
- Shrinkage and Safe Straight Styling sponsored by You Be-Natural and presented by Monica Stevens of Mo Knows Hair (Professional natural hair stylist and YouTube Guru) and Kevin Pendleton (International celebrity stylist).
- Red Carpet to Real Wear powered by Design Essentials Naturals Coconut and Monoi and presented by Destiny Godley (YouTube beauty pioneer) and Vaughn Monroe of MsVaughnTV (Natural hair sensation)
- Perfecting Protective Styling brought to you by Cantu Beauty and delivered by Anastasia Chikezie (natural hair specialist of Purely Natural Hair Salon London) and Chiaka Valentina (Protective styling guru)
- Three Girls Talk Curls with Wunmi Akinlgaun (Founder), Ginny Pettitt (Fro Girl Ginny) and Farida Sharma (Curly Proverbz)
- A Look at Locs presented by Helen Mensah of Huntress Locs
But the show isn’t just about hair. Young Ladies club founder and life coach, Hannah Oyewole will be on hand for the Women’s Empowerment Panel which will aim to cover all the important topics e.g. beauty, business, life and mental wellbeing.
Be sure to get your tickets before it’s sold out! Direct link >> http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/woman-in-the-jungle-4176718795
Make sure you follow WITJ on all their social media to keep updated with the event!
Facebook- Woman in the jungle
Check out their website for a recap of previous shows >> http://www.uknaturalhairevents.com/thewitjexpo/
Are you excited? Spread the word guys and let me know what you are thinking! Use the hashtag #THEWITJEXPO2015.
SEE YOU GUYS THERE! This will be product junkie heaven in case you had any doubts! #productjunkie
Sarah (greetings from Germany! #allworkevenonholiday #yestravelblogupdatesoon)
P.S did I forget to say there will be goodybags? My bad!