Points of view
Hey guys I hope everyone is doing well at the moment, happy Easter in advance.
So I wanted to share something a bit personal to me and that is my Christianity. So I have been a Christian all my life and like always there is be hard times. And I find myself going through that recently so I thought it would be encouraging to hear from close friends and family what Christianity meant to them and their views on it etc. So I did a mini survey and the answers I got back were quite interesting. These are the questions I asked
What does been Christian or Christianity mean to you? And before you were a Christian or since you have been Christian, have you ever doubted the existence of God or your whole beliefs?
It was interesting to hear what others had to say and I found it so encouraging. So if you are going through a similar situation maybe you would find this encouraging.
- Yeah. I have. Not “openly” per se. But when I studied religion and philosophy a-level I found it really hard to fit my beliefs in God to what was being taught.
But too much has happened to me. And if not for the fact that in my head I believed that there is a supreme being taking care of me, I wouldn’t be here today. No lie.
That in itself is evidence to me. I’m one of those ‘logical’ thinking people. Things are always mapped out in my head. And I try as much as possible to stick to it. That’s why when things don’t go to plan I basically go mad. i.e.: a-level results/Uni time. When I feel like things aren’t going to plan I struggle and obviously it’s coz I find it hard to give it all up to God. But 2013/2014 has taught me so much. Right now I’m at a stage where I’m beginning to understand that God matters more than anything in my life. Career, future, money, family… All of that don’t mean much. Coz this world has gone cold. So I now feel like Christ is the best decision for me. Hasn’t been easy coz I think about certain things and think so God u actually for real??! Like I said I’ve never said or spoke about this. It’s been very private thoughts. I don’t know if that’s even a good thing tbh. What does being Christian mean to me now? Well, now, it’s my life. Literally. I can’t think of any other way to actually be able to live. It’s all through the ‘most high’. Taken me ages to get there. Last summer we spent a lot of time with Ps Wiseborn and it’s through that or from there that I gained some confidence about all this and from there I actually feel loved by God. He loves me. – Amazing tbh. It’s taken me a long while to fall in love with myself. There are things I don’t like bout myself. He sees all this and loves me completely?? To me it’s mind blowing. And that’s what I hold on to.
- Being a Christian means following Christ, having my relationship with the Trinity. Never doubted God’s existence. My only doubts were that He didn’t love me as much as other people because of the pain I felt. That’s gone now
- To me it’s all about finally being reconnected with God In a real and palpable way I owe God my existence and would one give account of the life he has given me I would otherwise be unable to come before God because for birth I’ve done things that would mean I can’t be in the presence of God without his holiness naturally destroying me But God in Christ made a way for me to be reconnected with him by paying for my sin on the cross Before properly being baptised by the Holy spirit at some point I did doubt at some. Points God’s existence but it was always for selfish reasons by His grace having been baptised by the Holy spirit I can’t see anything that would change my mind about what I’ve seen I now have constant relationship with God which is evidenced every day and which strengthened my faith in a daily basis
- Christianity means is I have a relationship I have with the creator of this earth and that’s a privilege, because I love him so much so will love making him happy and by doing that he protects me and blesses me all the same. There are times as Christians we been though so many and doubt God’s ability but He always cones through and proves us wrong and shows us how great He is
- Before I became born again, I was just growing and part of Sunday school so I’ve always known there’s a God, who created heaven and earth and since then I don’t remember ever doubting my beliefs as a Christian. Christianity is a way of life , it is like being a disciple, who wants to be like Jesus and have a good relationship with God by following His statutes and living according to the Bible
- My opinion is what Christianity means to me is to have a relationship with God. There were times that things hadn’t gone my way and I was frustrated but I ask God for strength to get me through my battles
- Being a Christian to me is a Lifestyle. Living your life based on the teaching of Christ. But u can’t really be living by his teaching if u don’t believe in him or what his purpose was fir mankind No I have never doubted his existence
- Christianity = being able to live the life Christ lived when he was on earth through grace and mercy
- To a Christian is an individual who has accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour. By doing that as well they have formed a covenant with God that they now belong to Him. Through that they are granted salvation. Also being a Christian is not just by mouth, a true Christian follows and lives a right way of life according to the word of God and strives their best to obey God’s word in all aspects of their life. Before I became a Christian I didn’t doubt the existence of God however I wanted to experience His power and because I didn’t known how to I went a bit wayward lool but God found me and brought me to the light lol
- Being a Christian or Christianity to me is actually a way of life where after having accepted the Lord as my personal saviour I strive to be like Jesus Christ in my daily walk with him and try to have a personal relationship with him. So I try my best with the help of the Holy Spirit so others might see Jesus in me. There has not been a day I doubted the existence of God or my beliefs because for me everything around me and things that happens around tells me He exists. Not withstanding there has been some challenging times my faith has been challenge like losing hope. but I thank God I get on my feet as soon as I can
There might be another part in this post because there are so many more people I asked and I am still waiting for a reply. If you have been in this situation before or you are currently in a similar one, do not lose hope, soon you will be back in His presence. If you would like to share your story with me, you can leave a comment on this post or drop me an email.
I hope you were encouraged. Have a good day.